Aldo Cardinali T.
He joined IVM as a partner in 2021, to lead the firm’s Natural Resources, Energy and Environment area. He specializes in the development of energy, mining, real estate and infrastructure projects. He also advises clients in the environmental assessment of projects, sectorial permits, due diligence, compliance, penalties processes before the SMA, administrative and judicial appeals, among others. Furthermore, he has participated in the transaction and financing of numerous complex infrastructure projects.
As head of the Sustainable Development Division of the Ministry of Mining, he advised government authorities on sustainability, environmental, community and mining matters for decision making, creation of policies, laws and regulations. He led the reform of the Mining Site Closure Law and participated from the Ministry of Mining in the bill on Environmental Crimes, modification of the Water Code, General Environmental Conditions Law, and in the SO2 Environmental Quality Standard and Decontamination Plan for Concón, Quintero and Puchuncaví.
- Cardinali Abogados. Founder of the law firm specialized in environment, energy, mining and natural resources (2019- 2021).
- Ministry of Mining. Head of the Sustainable Development Division (2018-2019).
- Prieto Abogados. Senior associate lawyer, head of the environmental and natural resources department (2017-2018).
- Morales & Besa. Associate lawyer, environmental and natural resources group (2015-2017).
- Urrutia & Cía. Associate lawyer, environmental and natural resources group (2012-2014).
- Second Lieutenant of the Chilean Army (2000-2005).
- Studied at University of Los Andes. He obtained his law degree in May 2013.
- Diploma in Environment and Sustainable Development, Law School, Catholic University of Chile (PUC), 2013.
- Master in Environmental Law, University of Melbourne, Australia, 2015.
- Diploma in Future Electricity Markets and their Regulation, School of Engineering, PUC, 2021.
- Course in Legal English, University of New South Wales, Australia (2014).
- Army Officer, Military School (2003).
- Professor of Environmental and Natural Resources Master, Introduction to Environmental Law and Natural Resources, and SEIA, Law School, Finis Terrae University, Universidad Finis Terrae. 2020-present.
- Professor of Environmental Law Diploma, SEIA module, Law School, University of Los Andes, 2019-present.
- Environmental Law Undergraduate Professor, University of Los Andes (2016).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Languages: Spanish and English.