Gonzalo Valenzuela S.
As a Founding Partner at IVM, Gonzalo heads the firm’s Natural Resources, Environment and Mining areas. He has represented companies in the area of hazardous industrial waste and in the purchase and acquisition of non-conventional renewable energy projects, which has given him a well-rounded knowledge of the development, initial start-up and ongoing operation of these kinds of projects. As a director and executive at these types of companies he was the decision-maker on matters of investments and conflict management.
Gonzalo has advised major foreign companies on issues involving the concession of public works and construction projects, and has participated in public bidding processes, negotiations with the central government, national and international financing operations, and generally on issues requiring complex and sophisticated contracting practices. Gonzalo represents and advises real estate and industrial companies in the commercial, corporate and real estate areas, and has provided legal counsel on mining projects with far-reaching impacts on environmental issues.
He is a director of closely held corporations that are subject to regulatory oversight. In that role he has helped them to carry out their work efficiently and in compliance with legal and regulatory rules.
- Urrutia y Cía Law Firm (1989 – 1998)
- Eluchans y Cia. Law Firm, Santiago, (1998-2006)
- Studied at Universidad Diego Portales. He received his law degree in 1994.
- Master’s in International Law, Washington College of Law, American University, Washington DC, (1997).
- Director of the Bielgolux Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association
- Hobby: Triathlete
- Languages: Spanish and English