María Javiera Cossio W.
Attorney at IVM since May 2008. María Javiera’s practice is focused mainly on incorporation processes and serving as counsel to insurance companies and brokers, while also providing legal advice on matters of regulatory compliance, corporate issues, and communications with the regulatory authority. She also provides ongoing advisory services to securities brokerage companies regarding corporate, contractual and regulatory matters.
- Transglobo law firm, Industrial Property, where she was in charge of trademark and domain name litigation (2007-2008).
- Internship at the law firm of Dr. Ehlermann & Jeschonnek Rechtsanwälte (currently Ehlermann Rindfleisch Gadow Rechtsanwälte) in Hamburg, Germany, where she worked on maritime law and maritime finance and shipping registration (2003).
- Studied law at the Universidad de Los Andes and obtained her law degree in 2006.
- Diploma in Modern Commercial Law, Universidad de Chile (2007).
- Diploma for Life and Non Life Insurance Brokers, Escuela de Seguros de Santiago (2010).
- English Language courses at UCLA Extension (University of California, Los Angeles, USA) (2011-2012).
- “Corporate Compliance” course, Business School, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2016).